Wednesday, August 30, 2017

AHSC for my return

Returning to my craft table after a long time away recovering from a total knee replacement.  It had some complications, and LOTS of physical therapy.  But I'm here to report that the therapy team was awesome and now I am better than I've been in decades.  The recovery coincided with a gorgeous summer and a yard that had been seriously neglected. So back to hiking woodsy trails, weeding and mowing, playing with the grandchildren...and now back to my craft room.

Seems just right that my first card back is for Atlantic Hearts!  I had so much fun playing along with their great sketches and later being on their design team for a year.  Their blog has grown and I am thrilled to see all the wonderful cards posted there each week.

Recently one of my grandsons asked the 2 1/2 year old granddaughter, "Are you cute?" Her reply had us all laughing: "NO! I am adorable." 

So my entry this week is for AHSC #227   http://atlanticheartschallenge.blogspot.com/

 
 
Products used:
Spots & Dots embossing folder (Provo Craft)
Georgie Papers and card stock (CTMH, retired)
Juniper twine (CTMH)
White Opal Liquid Pearls  (Ranger)

7 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE this! So sweet... always loved those papers... and love the embossing! Thanks so much for stopping by my place too and happy you're feeling up to crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Dena, glad that you got back to your craftroom. The embossed background fits that paperpack so well and your card is CAS and pretty. Thanks for joining us at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are able to inspire us again at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge blog! I love the back story to your card creation and the circle theme that carries from embossed solid cardstock to pretty patterned paper.
    We hope you will join us again soon!
    :) Marie AHSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Adorable! I'm glad your knee is healing, I too suffer knee problems so I can empathize! So glad your back in your craft room and welcome back to AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! I love the embossed background and the pattern paper you have used! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge & welcome back! Patty A - DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back, I am so happy you are on the mend. The embossed background is great with the bits of sparkle thrown about, love it! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is adorable, Dena! I always loved the patterns and gentle colors in this paper kit, and your embossing pattern, sparkles and twine are the perfect complements. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete