Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Butterfly


This week at Addicted to Stamps and More the challenge is Clean and Simple. 




Unfortunately, several sympathy cards have been needed lately, and my stash of them is depleted. I have been wanting to use my new stencil from ARTplorations, and hence today's card.  I sponged distress ink (Tumbled Glass) on a panel of white card stock using the stencil, then die cut the panel with the stitched rectangle die from Simon Says. After stamping the sentiment (Sincere Expressions, Close To My Heart), I used a rectangle of foam to mount this on my card base.  The butterfly was punched using a Martha Stewart punch. I used distress inks and Wink of Stella to color it before adhering to the panel. The butterfly has a lovely shimmer that doesn't show in my photo. I added a tiny pearl to finish.

 

2 comments:

  1. That butterfly looks like it's about to take off! AMAZING job, Dena. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stenciled background! Gorgeous card!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete